Check IRCTC PNR Status
Indian Railways is one of the largest rail networks in India with over thousands of trains running everyday connecting each village and city in the country. Millions of passengers travel in these trains every day.
Indian Railways PNR Status
PNR is the “Passenger Name Record,” which is a unique number that is assigned to each and every person traveling in the reservation class of the Indian railways. Whenever you book a railways ticket through IRCTC website, mobile app, or through ticket window, you get a unique PNR number printed at the top of your ticket or sent via SMS. This PNR number can be used to check IRCTC PNR status.
Check IRCTC Ticket PNR Status
Train PNR status shows the current position of the booked ticket number. In case, if your ticket was in waiting or RAC status, it may be cleared later on before the final charting. You can use this page to check the current PNR status of your booked ticket.
Get IRCTC PNR Status
Steps to check IRCTC PNR status:-
1. Click on the link given below.
2. Enter your PNR number in the box (PNR number is given on your ticket or in the SMS received from IRCTC).
3. Click on ‘Get Status’ button.
4. Details of the current PNR status will appear on the page.
The final status of a booked ticket may change before charting is done (usually 5-6 hours before train departure time).
Get PNR Status
Indian railways use various status codes to refer different PNR status of the ticket. Here you can check the codes.
1. CNF: Ticket is Confirmed
2. RAC: Reservation against Cancellation (Ticket is not confirmed but a birth will be assigned to sit, ticket cannot be cancelled)
3. WL: Waiting List (Ticket is in waiting list. Waiting tickets booked through IRCTC website/app will be cancelled automatically if not confirmed until chart preparation)
4. GNWL: General Wait List
5. PQWL: Pooled Quota Wait List
6. RLWL: Remote Location Wait List
7. CAN/ MOD: Cancelled or Modified Ticket
8. REGRET/ WL: No More Ticket Booking allowed
Other methods to check Railways PNR Status
There are other methods to check PNR status of an IRCTC ticket. IRCTC ticket status can also be checked by call or SMS. If you do not have access to the internet or IRCTC mobile app, you can check train PNR status by call or SMS.
These processes are mentioned below
Train PNR Status by call: Dial 139 for railway enquiry and follow instructions.
Train PNR Status by SMS: Type PNR <10-digit PNR number> and send it to 5676747
Have a Safe journey!